The Houston Texas Temple

March 30, 2010

Our New Baby Girl !!! - 3/22/10
































Dale Lee Berg III + Vanessa Mae George =

* Linnaea Mae Berg *

7lbs 10oz. , 20 3/4 in. long

March 22, 2010
1:32 pm
Shenandoah, TX
Linnaea
We officially named her Linnaea on 3/23 @ 5pm.
Around Thanksgiving time, I thought to browse through nature names and names of flowers and came across "Linnaea". I thought it was so pretty I added it to the 3 other names I liked. I also thought "I know when Dale reads this name he's really going to like it and get stuck on it, so if I want him to keep browsing, maybe I should just leave it off my official list for now". But, I don't like keeping things from him, so I stuck it in the middle of my long list of names from over the years and suggested when he got a chance, he could take a look at my names if he'd like. I watched as he quietly sounded out the names... and then stopped. "I really like this name. I really feel this is the one". (I knew it, I knew exactly which he was talking about). I still asked "What, which one?" and of course, it was Linnaea. We didn't actively search the next couple of months, but we kept it open and reffered to it as "that name". And so after 3 1/2 months, we still didn't tire of it, and talked about other names we liked in the hospital, but the next day Dale said he was sure he liked it for real, not just being nice because it was on my list and not his, and we couldn't picture calling her anything else. So she officially became our little pink flower: Linnaea
Mae
I did a complete review of all my genealogy I have access to for an inspiration for a middle name for her. In December, Dale suggested I think about "Mae" as her middle name. He's always thought it was pretty. That hadn't even occurred to me before, but I was very happy with that.
Mae is my middle name, from my Dad's grandma (his mother's mom) whom he was very close to his whole life, and I've always loved being named after her. He told me when I was little that everything great about him, and everything good that's happened to him was because of her and what she taught him.
Berg
Dale's last name, obviously, that derived from his ancestors from Sweden, which was even more fitting that Linnaea is a Swedish named flower, and a popular emblem in Sweden.

3 comments:

Sandi and Curtis said...

She is so beautiful! I love her name!!!!

Jessica M said...

Congratulations!

Lori Knobel said...

I absolutely LOVE the name! So pretty!