The Houston Texas Temple

September 10, 2009

Cool in the POOL

We went to the pool almost every Tues. night this summer.

Gavin created quite the scene once when he should have taken a break from "swimming" under water so much after eating lots of lasagna for dinner. We thought we'd do the right thing and let the nearest lifeguard know there was a little spit up in the pool. 10 seconds later we hear through a big cone "Please exit the pool". When noone was moving...we then heard "A child has VOMITED...Please exit the pool emidiately". It was like the scene from Jaws with people running from the water. We tried to stay inconspicuous, especially when they announced that the pool wouldn't reopen till 15mins before closing time. We thought it was best if we just left then. Thats our first experience of "Yep, that was my kid". We just tried to make him not feel bad that he got sick. It was funny for us after we left.



He sure came a long way with swimming this summer. I don't even feel comfortable staying underwater as long as he does. (I still like to plug my nose.) So I was really proud of him. Aunt Lauren worked with him too a bit, jumping off the side, turning around, and climbing out of the pool. So many moms kept asking me where he took swimming lessons, which he hadn't. So we got him these goggles for all the time he spends with his eyes open under water. What a cool kid.

1 comment:

Kira said...

O.K., I am laughing out loud from the pool incident. And hey I didn't know you were pregnant! Good thing I snuck into your blog from someone else's list (so I'm adding you to mine:-) ) Congratulations!!!!