The Houston Texas Temple

October 15, 2008

Flight to Phoenix - May '08




There is NO other kind of experience than flying solo with an almost 1 1/2 yr old. Man did I officially feel like a responsible parent. He had his monkey backpack from my mom (more to grab when he starts to run), and so many things to point at all at once. He LOVES watching airplanes in the sky, so I could tell what an exciting experience this was for him. I somehow figured to manage luggage, a stroller, him, buying food and paying for it all at the same time. I was lucky how obedient I realized he could be and held on to the side of the stroller all the way to the gate. On the plane, I was that mom with so many books, snacks, activities, to barely fit in my space. Half the time, we were waving and stopping at every nice old man along the way down the isle. He FINALLY fell asleep the last 30 minutes, and you bet I got so many comments as people past me just letting him sleep and everyone else get off. I've never had so many people talk to me on a flight before. At least its a good sign when they still think he's cute after a 3 hr flight.

2 comments:

Jessica M said...

Hey Vanessa, I was thinking you were done blogging. Welcome back! Cute beach pictures. Hope y'all had a great summer in Arizona.

Lewis Family said...

Just you wait until you get to do it with 5; what an adventure. Thank Heavenly Father for Gameboys and free sodas!